Job Title: Accountant
Since its establishment in 1997, Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF) has built a strong basis for community driven development approaches and is unique in Kenya as a pioneer of public foundations. KCDF works through strategic and carefully selected partnerships in Kenya, both at the national and community level and strongly believes in the ability of communities to identify and prioritize their needs and with a little external support, pursue their own solutions to these needs
Overall Job Purpose
KCDF is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual in its Finance and Accounts department to the position of an Accountant. This individual reports to the Senior Accountant and will be expected to perform a variety of professional accounting functions involving project budget development, reconciliations, reviews of multiple accounts and transactions, management of pre and post-award accounting, reporting and monitoring compliance with required deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, prepare, and finalize proposal budgets, and provide budget justification.
- Review expenditures, advise on post-award spending and commitment activity and support compliance related to fund and revenue.
- Develop and communicate reports supporting project status; create effective forecasting and decision aides.
- Supporting partners to improve their financial management systems and reporting mechanisms, by offering training or coaching them in response to their identified capacity gaps.
- Regular production of project status reports as part of financial monitoring of approved grants, supporting budget realignments when needed, as well as the preparation of closeout reports.
- Be a technical resource on financial and grant administration matters to other staff.
- Assist the Senior Accountant in the preparation of budgets during proposal writing processes, within the parameters of funder guidelines.
- Reviewing grantee compliance to budgets according to approved proposals, including meeting cost-sharing requirements where applicable.
- Supporting project, internal or external audit processes of the organization.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
This role requires an individual with the skills and competencies listed below, and one able to work in a team environment.
- An Accounting degree from a recognized university.
- 3-5 years of solid experience with either a public or private sector organization.
- CPA section six finalist.
- Previous exposure to grant management will be an added advantage.
- Strong accounting skills, demonstrated knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and exposure to project management.
- Demonstrated technical skills with MS Office (Intermediate Excel and Word Skills).
- Prior knowledge and usage of an accounting system preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines, with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
KCDF is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.