Organizations seeking partnership and funding from KCDF must meet the following selection criteria which shall include but not limited to:
- Must be legally and locally registered with relevant authorities.
- Must demonstrate mature, good governance and accountable leadership.
- Must be grassroots organizations with experience in the implementation of economic and livelihood projects.
- Demonstrate existence of governance and financial management systems.
- Should demonstrate a clear track record that brings out credibility and experience from their side.
- There should be a clear match between the mission of the project and the organization’s goals.
- Organizations seeking grants should present to KCDF a project proposal and budget.
- Evidence of community involvement in the proposed project.
In addition to the above, the project for support will be assessed by the following criteria:
- Sustainability: Organizational capacity and expertise to continue the activities after the end of grant funding.
- Results and Measurability: Well defined and quantifiable outcomes and outputs. All projects must demonstrate feasibility and show tangible outcomes.
- Partnerships: Potential to initiate strategic alliances and bring different stakeholders together to increase success and scale.
- Promoting Gender Equity: Promote inclusion and active participation of women.
- Promoting positive Impact on Environment i.e. green enterprises.