CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
REFERENCE NO. KCDF/LECC/SF/R5/2017
INFORMATION NOTE & GUIDE TO APPLICANTS
All interested applicants are encouraged to carefully read and fully understand these
guidelines before attempting to complete the application forms. Failure to strictly follow the
guidelines may result in incomplete or rejection of submitted proposals.
Background of the Fund
The Wangari Maathai Scholarship Fund is an environmental innovations fund set up in memory of Professor Wangari Maathai that aims at developing actionoriented young people with strong values and commitment to the conservation of the physical and social environment in Kenya. The fund has been established by The Rockefeller Foundation, The Green Belt Movement and Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF).
About the Call
This is the sixth public call for scholarship applications to the fund. A scholarship award from the fund is given each year to a young woman who has demonstrated passion and personal commitment to environmental conservation. This individual must also demonstrate their ability to successfully mobilize people and provide leadership in environmental advocacy.
As part of the award, you will receive funds towards scholastic needs which includes tuition fees. You will also get funds to support a community environmental project which you must provide details as per the application form.
- A young woman of between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
- Kenyan citizens currently residing in Kenya
- The scholarship is limited to applicants who have enrolled in a Kenyan University
- Ability to demonstrate the environmental conservation project(s) they have started or have been involved in and how those initiatives have impacted people in their community, in ways that have improved environmental health and sustainability, and the fund’s goals of achieving a greener, cleaner and a more sustainable community.
Read and understood the guidelines
- Scanned copy of your most recent college financial status or financial information
- Scanned copy of your Student ID,
- Most recent digital photograph (a passport photo)
- A scanned copy of your guardian or parent concurrence letter (if appropriate)
- A scanned copy of your dean or departmental Chair testimonial
Returned a filled application form (see section below on how to apply)
How to Apply
Detailed application guidelines and application forms can be downloaded from the following website: www.kcdf.or.ke. Applications NOT submitted in this form will be disqualified. COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS can be submitted online to KCDF through the following link https://www.GrantRequest.com/SID_2302?SA=SNA&FID=35022 on or before 5.00pm, 30th July 2017. Applications delivered outside the deadline shall be automatically disqualified. Applicants must counter check with the checklist to ensure that all the required attachments are included.
Please note that, the KCDF / WMSF grant administrators reserve the right to ask for additional information at any of the following stages of the selection process.
||3rd July 2017|
||30th July 2017|
To download the Application Form and the Guide To Applicants documents, please click the links below.